PDA

View Full Version : LS100 Settings for Dunn

Brian
11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Back when we initially received our engraver we struggled for half a day or so because the jobs we were sending didn't seem to be working properly. I eventually discovered the multi-job setting within the LS100 menus and saw that the machine was configured to accept multiple jobs rather than only accepting a single job and always overwriting the previous job. After adjusting this setting things improved but we're still experiencing some behaviours which are different from what we remember at our training.

When I spoke with Kim after this initial discovery she mentioned that someone usually goes through the settings on each LS100 before they're sent out to ensure the settings are all correct to work within the laser engraving framework which Dunn has set up for us. Given that this one multi-job setting wasn't correct I'm wondering if it would be possible to get a list of all the settings which should be set or if we could walk through all the settings to make sure they're correct so we can be confident that all the configuration settings are correct for our environment.

I don't want to poke around in the settings and fiddle with things I don't have experience with but I would like to ensure things are running as optimally as possible. How can we double check these settings to ensure we're properly configured?

Franklin
11-03-2010, 10:40 AM
There isn't really a list of changes that we need to make.
The multi-job setting is the one thing that always needs changed when we get a new machine, not sure how yours got skipped but I'm glad you figured it out.

Laser alignment is another procedure that every new machine goes through, but if your machine isn't consistantly engraving off-center (and in the same direction and distance) that is not likely a problem for you.

One other setting on the laser that I have ran across a time or two is inch/mm. This shouldn't affect the lasering, but will make the alignment procedure very difficult if you don't realize which units you should be measuring in.

Brian
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for your feedback and confirming these details. If we want to do the laser alignment is there a guide posted somewhere which we can follow or do we just need to call Dunn?

Franklin
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
The procedure is outlined on page 53 of your Winter 2009 scan book (which can also be downloaded from the Documentation link above)

Brian
11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Thank you.