Thread: Need more details on layouts

Need more details on layouts

It would be very helpful if P Graham Dunn would add more detail to the layouts of certain items. Mainly things like the pens and ornaments. On the pens there needs to be at least a line were the metal ring on the end is so that we know how much room we actually have. On the ornaments (especially crystal) there needs to be a circle where the hole that the ribbon goes through is so that we don't engrave on that area. I shouldn't have to guess on the actual area of an item and then hope it doesn't hit anything weird. I know I can do a red box around it and test it first, but that is a lot of time and effort for inexpensive items like pens. I did a pen this morning and didn't make any changes except text so I figured it should be fine and then when I actually ran the pen it put the last letter of the name on the metal ring therefore wasting the product completely. I think it would be helpful and a great timesaver to have as much product detail in the layouts of the items as is possible. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your feedback. Adding additional detail to some items could be beneficial, but only on items that have very little variablity. Adding some indicators for the position of rings/bands on pens should work fine. However, both the overall size and the location of the hang hole on crystal ornaments does vary some. I could add a guideline on those products, but it would have to be sufficiently conservative/restrictive so that it would be correct for the full range of variation.
    Do you know which pen layout you ran that had the last letter run onto the ring?